Welcome to the EDP Blog

"Sometimes you wanna go where everybody knows your name,

And they're always glad you came…."

Pre-show Relaxation Secret

posted Feb 14, 2018, 8:22 AM by Laura St. Pierre

The Warren EDP Variety Show took place on February 13.  After weeks of preparing, everyone was definitely ready for the stage.  Many have often wondered what happens right before the show (besides getting costumes and props ready).  Here is our pre-show relaxation technique:  Watching a few episodes of "Punky Brewster"!    

Guess Who's Coming To Dinner....

posted Feb 12, 2018, 10:07 AM by Melissa MerconSmith   [ updated Feb 12, 2018, 10:08 AM ]

Recipe for a Great Cooking Club

Gently combine the following:

6 Awesome Students
4 Weeks of Lessons
Time
Safety
Patience
Teamwork
Fun

Allow ingredients to simmer together.

Serve the end results at the culminating Family Dinner.

ENJOY!

Practice Makes Permanent

posted Jan 30, 2018, 9:35 AM by Kim Brissenden

Save the Date!  We've been very busy practicing for our big show in March.  

Shout Out To Ms. Glynn!

posted Jan 23, 2018, 5:39 AM by Melissa MerconSmith

A great big thank you to Mindess art teacher, Ms. Glynn, for letting EDP use the art room to tie-dye our kickball uniforms. Without her help we would have had to move the entire operation to the locker room - not an easy task. We are so appreciative and thankful to have Ms. Glynn as part of our Village.

DESIGN, BUILD, PLAY

posted Jan 18, 2018, 10:39 AM by Laura St. Pierre

Warren EDP's most recent Discovery Center, "THE INVENTION STUDIO", gave young scientists and engineers the opportunity to design and use their own inventions!  Materials like toothpicks, marshmallows, tin foil, craft sticks, and more, were available to all who entered The Invention Studio.  The inventions were creative, useful and wild!  The Warren EDP students also learned about local inventors, such as Ruth Graves Wakefield and Henry E. Warren.  Have you used your imagination lately?

Baby, It's Cold Outside

posted Jan 10, 2018, 3:34 PM by Melissa MerconSmith   [ updated Jan 10, 2018, 3:39 PM ]

What I'm thinking about when you complain about the snow...

Winter Fun

posted Jan 3, 2018, 7:08 AM by Kim Brissenden

We are fully embracing Winter and all its glory despite the freezing temperatures!  The children made a fun project and are having a blast ice skating and having hot chocolate in our Hot Cocoa Stand.

The tradition continues...

posted Dec 18, 2017, 8:27 AM by Melissa MerconSmith

Every year as long as I can remember, my father and I would sit down for him to read Christmas At The Hollow Tree Inn  to me. This story is contained in volume 1, Stories of Childhood, which is part of a larger collection called The Child's World. This 6-series set was a gift sent to my two brothers, my sister, and me when our oldest brother was in the army. The other volumes have long disappeared (they were science and history related and not of much interest to a 5 year old), but The Child's World is still a precious possession of mine. Long after I could read, my father still read this story each year to me, and we were sure to make time for it when I came home on my college breaks. Now that he is not around, and since I don't have children of my own, we share this story together at EDP. We've been doing it for so long now that some of the high school students who work at Mindess EDP remember hearing it for the first time when they were younger. It really isn't Christmas for me until I hear, "And I wish I could tell you all that happened that week, but I can't because I haven't time. But it was the very nicest Christmas that ever was in the Hollow Tree, or in the Big Deep Woods anywhere."

Just take that one first step, and the rest is history!

posted Dec 15, 2017, 9:58 AM by Melissa MerconSmith

The stars were shining brightly on the evening of December 13th as the Mindess EDP students took to the stage for their 29th annual Variety Show! The crew kept things running smoothly, jokes and riddles kept the audience in stitches in between each of the acts, and Monster Mash was frighteningly entertaining. Dr. Seuss takes on a whole new meaning when it's rapped, and who knew that gymnastics could turn into Mission Impossible? Meanwhile, students gave "Mr. Nick" a run for his money in Classroom Comedy, while others longed to be released from Study Hall. New comics were born on the EDP Weekend Update segment, and friends asked each other, "When Can I See You Again?" Everything wrapped up with the finale where we reminded each other that we just need to take a chance, try new things, and the rest is history!

The Good Old Days

posted Dec 5, 2017, 8:50 AM by Laura St. Pierre

The Warren EDP students recently had the time of their lives playing an old-school game of Flashlight Tag,  a favorite of many EDP teachers' childhoods.  The evening air was crisp and fresh, perfect for chasing and fleeing, and if the light shone on you, you had to freeze until someone "released" you.  Almost every child in the program participated in the three day ex"tag"avanza-what more could we ask for?

1-10 of 157